Sphinx eremitoides in Oklahoma???

Tuttle jtuttle at fiaaz.net
Mon Nov 16 19:18:45 EST 1998

Is anyone aware of any records of Sphinx eremitoides from Oklahoma? It
seems very improbable that the species can be found in Kansas and Texas
but does not occur in Oklahoma; especially considering the very small
overall range of the species. Anyone????????

I apologize for the frequency of these Sphingidae postings but I am
writing a book on the biology of the Sphingidae of the U.S. and Canada.
I am trying to fill in small voids that cannot be answered through the
existing literature, institutional collections, or existing personal
contacts. I am sure that researchers of a generation ago would have
killed for access to a tool like the net.

Jim Tuttle