Revolution coming in Butterfly Identification!!!

Mike Quinn mqnature at hiline.net
Sat Nov 21 12:44:10 EST 1998

Michael, I believe the coming Eastern North American Guide (1999) will be a
significant improvement over even the northeastern guide to butterflies
(1993). The northeastern guide is good but the Eastern Guide is something
different, it _really_ hits the nail on the head. Its east west cut-off in
Texas is between Houston and Corpus Christi so none of the Rio Grande
Valley specialties will be included. (There are about 70 species found only
in the 4 southmost counties of south Texas, or almost 10% of the entire
North American butterfly fauna.) Mike