[Fwd: Re: airtight storage how?]

Doug Yanega dyanega at mono.icb.ufmg.br
Thu Oct 15 13:34:36 EDT 1998

Paul Cherubini wrote:

>The "reports" of it's toxicity are reports about it's chronic (not
>acute) toxicity to rats injected with (or forced to breathe) near lethal
>daily doses for two consecutive years.[snip]
>My guess is that the museums you referred to that discontinued the use
>of Vapona strips did this in a knee-jerk reaction to the sensational
>publicity following the initial release of the older, flawed studies

Thanks very much for this info! I'll file this away in the archives, then,
though if you can provide a citation or two to the follow-up studies, this
would be a big help. I'll also pass it along to the collection managers in
the museums I referred to...

Peace,

Doug Yanega    Depto. de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas,
Univ. Fed. de Minas Gerais, Cx.P. 486, 30.161-970 Belo Horizonte, MG   BRAZIL
phone: 31-499-2579, fax: 31-499-2567  (from U.S., prefix 011-55)
                  http://www.icb.ufmg.br/~dyanega/