Gardening

Christine A. Morigi camorigi at trooplaw.com
Thu Oct 15 13:19:06 EDT 1998

I'd appreciate some advice on the butterfly garden I am working on.  I
have over 1/2 acre in the San Fernando Valley area of California.  No
sprinkler system, but I can get water to the area, however not daily.  I
have been successfully cultivating 3 species of milkweed, but need to
include some necturing items.  I have lantana, which grows well, but was
wondering what else to include.  I've seen Monarchs on the thistle at a
wild spot approximately an hour from here, but don't know if this is
transplantable, needs a constant water source, can be grown from seed
(and how to get them), etc.  Any advice on full sun, low maintenance,
basically wild or "weedy" necturing plants for a hot climate would be
appreciated.