airtight storage how?

Kenelm Philip fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu
Sun Oct 18 18:13:13 EDT 1998

	Guy Van de Poel said:

> I wonder why nobody opposes killing those very useful (they clean up the
> mess in nature) creatures ... :-)

Oddly enough, a year or so ago I reported on some experiments I carried out
with dermestid larvae and PDB--and someone posted a response accusing me of
cruelty to animals. So at least one person out there does object to killing
dermestids, at least by 'inhumane' methods.

	On the other hand, I don't know any entomological collection
managers who encourage these critters to feed on specimens...  :-)

							Ken Philip
fnkwp at uaf.edu