LISTS

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Tue Oct 20 15:09:54 EDT 1998

Where are you?
County agricultural agents (in the U.S. ) are pretty good about this.
You can also check catalogs (web pages?) from some of the companies that
sell these controls, but some of them seem unaware of government
regulations.
 Unless you're dealing with a greenhouse situation, or an area that is
horribly depleted of insects, it's likely that the predators etc. will
find your garden on their own, given a chance. This may require you to
persuade quite a few people to garden mindfully and forswear pesticides
I gather, however, that you are studying rather than planning to install
natural controls.
The shipping of living creatures within the U.S. is regulated by the
USDA, and by Fish and Wildlife. As you surmise, some confusion exists.
Good luck with your project.
Anne Kilmer
Soouth Florida