Amazing

Gary Anweiler gganweiler at sprint.ca
Sat Sep 5 23:42:08 EDT 1998

The real reason for this posting is that I have wiped out two address I
need - Paul Oplers and Chuck Harp's -
Should they see this -- please e-mail me so I can reply.....

I know many people are amazed and enthralled at the exterior beauty of the
leps they encounter - patterns, colors, wierd and wonderful life histories
and behavior - etc.

This AM I disected the genitalia out of two Ceranemota albertae  (Thyatirid
moths)  - collected many years before I was born - 82 years ago to be
exact.  For 82 years those delicate structures have been laying soaked in
moth grease - then were boiled in Potassium Hydroxide - very caustic !!!
And lo and behold, these delicate chitonized membranes and structures
appear, as soft and flexible and clear and whole as they day they were
created.

You can have your pretty scales  -  as far as I am concerned chiton is
where it is at.  Amazing stuff !!

Ta ta

Gary Anweiler, Edmonton Alberta