Re I'm in trouble

Doug Yanega dyanega at mono.icb.ufmg.br
Tue Sep 15 09:20:04 EDT 1998

>A.P.K.Torry wrote:
>
>> Well that reads 10 who are either IN FAVOUR or DONT MIND and only 3
>>against!!!!
>>
>> Time we voted for a change in the charter or started the procedure to
>> establish a new list, perhaps Roger you can help us with this.

I had intended not to contribute to this thread, but following Roger's
comments; (1) 13 is a far sight short of a quorum - if you're really
insistent on tallying votes, I'm against commercial advertisements, too -
and maybe you wouldn't object to receiving private e-mail votes from all
the other subscribers who have not chosen to post publicly? (2) an anti-ads
clause is already in the charter for a REASON (3) we don't need to
establish any new lists, as there ARE already other places to advertise.

This could be dealt with fairly effectively by changing the default
"Welcome to Leps-L" message so that it includes a copy of the charter, and
adding a postscript about where one can post ads for livestock. Simple
enough. Is the listowner reading this? (That would facilitate things,
too...)

Peace,

Doug Yanega    Depto. de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas,
Univ. Fed. de Minas Gerais, Cx.P. 486, 30.161-970 Belo Horizonte, MG   BRAZIL
phone: 031-449-2579, fax: 031-499-2567  (from U.S., prefix 011-55)
                  http://www.icb.ufmg.br/~dyanega/