KillingButterflies

evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com evoluhol at magnum.wpe.com
Wed Sep 23 07:34:06 EDT 1998

Yep!

In Albany NY Pine Bush you can be hassled by the authorities for even
taking an interest in a Karner Blue on a lupin plant, and there would be a
resounding outcry if anyone ever was known to catch one (as it should be)
but the same authority system grants building permits for the mega
Crossgates Mall to level acres and acres of the pine bush for mall and
parkinglots and access roads etc.  Most of those that were noisy in the
outcry -- shop at the mall now.

Again, species survival in most cases of living things, particularly in
the animal kingdom, has more to do with habitat destruction -- than
population sampling for whatever reason.

Dave