checkerspot phylogeny

Niklas Wahlberg niklas.wahlberg at Helsinki.FI
Fri Sep 25 05:30:58 EDT 1998

Hi,
   Some of you may remember that I asked for samples of checkerspot species
from around the world at the beginning of this year. I got a very positive
response and the results can be seen at the web-site
<http://www.helsinki.fi/science/metapop/phylogeny.html>. (to add to the
collecting debate that's been raging, I could not have done this without
enthusiastic collectors! Many thanks to them!). I am still missing species
from some key groups such as Microtia, Eresia, the eastern American
Chlosyne and many neotropical genera. I would greatly appreciate any help
in procuring specimens in these groups and any species not on my phylogeny
(please see the web-site).

Thanks again,
Niklas Wahlberg

   Niklas Wahlberg