[Fwd: Diurnal lepidopterists personae non grata]

Chris Conlan conlan at adnc.com
Mon Sep 28 21:52:44 EDT 1998

If this place is National Forest (not a Park) then shouldn't collecting
small quantities for personal (non commercial) use be legal?  There was a
post going around not long ago from somebody in the Forest Service
clarifying the policy on collecting in National Forests in the USA.  And I
would second Mark's question of "what butterflies in that area might be of
special concern?"  Of course, being a moth person, my feelings really are
not all that hurt.  I'm used to the diurnal folks getting all the
attention.  Back to the shadows....

Chris