Continued Sphingidae Help for Upcoming Book

Mothman617 mothman617 at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 07:48:25 EDT 1999

feeding at flowers like many other Sphingids, however I have on 2 occasions
observed Ceratomia undulosa feeding at bait (brown sugar & beer mixture) upon
tree trunks while collecting Catocala (Noctuidae). It is interesting that
Sphingidae are not recorded by other collectors at bait. I have seen other
species at bait occasionally as well. This includes Darapsa pholus, Smerinthus
exacaecata and Manduca jasminearum.