Pioneertown, CA

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Sat Apr 10 19:25:38 EDT 1999

Beautiful location.  San Bernardino Co., CA.  High desert meets the San
Bernardino mountains.  Too bad there were no butterflies to be seen
anywhere.  I trekked all the way to just below the snow line, which has been
plentiful the past few weeks.  Weather was wonderful, although a bit chilly
(it didn't get above 60 degrees F).  I didn't see a thing flying, except for
a few bees.

Even with all of the precipitation we've had the past few weeks, the desert
still seems to be extremely dormant.  Too bad.  You just know it's going to
heat up soon - like 120 degrees F.

Sorry for the non-information, but then again no data is data after all.

Mark Walker
back in SoCal