Butterfly as Messenger of Death

Gregory Nielsen gnielsen at andinet.com
Wed Apr 28 15:41:39 EDT 1999

Gerald,

That was probably a moth of the genus Thysania (if I got the name right).
They´re frequent in the tropics and commonly thought of being bearers of bad
news or bad fortune by supersticious people. They are attracted to lights
and often enter homes and perch on walls or ceilings.

Regards,
Greg Nielsen
Villavicencio, Colombia