New Vietnemiese Caterpillar question.

Kevin Paul Szoke dracolich5 at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 23:57:10 EDT 1999

  I recently purchased a National Geographic for June 1999, and there was an
article on Vietnemiese animals.  There was an image of a BRIGHTLY colored
caterpillar (not specified as being Moth or Butterfly) called a "Slug
Caterpillar."  It is a soft caterpillar with orange base-color, neon yellow
spots rimed with black on the top and red streaks with black borders on the
sides.  It has thick tentacles with MANY spines on them.  Does anyone know what
kind of caterpillar this is?  If you could, could you E- mail me a website with
images, info on this and related species?  Thank you.

K. Szoke