Plants/flowers to attract butterflies

MJS323 mjs323 at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 10:32:00 EDT 1999

William;

   You unquestionably want to start with at least a couple of Butterfly Bushes,
Buddleyia.  These attract butterflies and hummingbirds better than anything.
You should try to plant some Milkweed, which attracts a lot of butterflies and
is the Monarch foodplant.  Other good attractor plants are Verbena, Lantana,
Ceanothus (in the spring), Zinnias, Guara.  I would definitely plan my garden
around the Butterfly Bushes, which are an attractive bush anyway and bloom all
summer.

Mike Smith