libraries and evolution teaching

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 15:19:26 EDT 1999

In message <45F8A30CE009D2118F850000F805064D8FE512 at hqmail.gensym.com> Mark Walker writes:
> Neil Jones wrote:
>
> > Creation Science is, as I have said before, a FRAUD. It is not science
> > at all but Hebrew Mythology in mascarade.
>
> My information says that this statement makes you a liar.  How can you
> honestly sit there and make such a statement?  How the hell do you know?

Firstly your logic is plainly false. If I am lying then I must believe
that what I am saying is untrue. It is patently obvious that I do believe it.

If you believe that "creation science" is valid then where is your evidence?
It is my contention that it has been conclusively proved that it is a
total load of rubbish!

I have produced evidence that in order to be a member of the " creation
scientists'" association that one has to believe in a creed derived from
the mystical beliefs of Hebrew tribes people. This is totally contrary to
proper scientific principles.

> You are, like me, nothing but a chunk of meat - organic material destined to
> decay back into dust.

Yes that's right. It doesn't bother me.

  Can't you see the ridiculous presumptuousness of such
> statements?

Look. It is pointless you making ad-hominem attacks. IF you have proof
that "Creation Science" is valid then post it. But remember the last time!

 Doesn't it at all make you feel vulnerable - naked and
> miniscule - a mere bug on the windshield of life?  (there, that keeps this
> on topic).
>

> > If creationism is correct. Biological theory is wrong. Cosmological
> > Theory is wrong. Quantum mechanics theory is wrong.
> > Geological theory is
> > wrong.
>
> Or Neil Jones is wrong.  Since all are based on human "understanding", I
> would say that you shouldn't count any of them as being "gospel".
>
> There are pearls, and then there are swine.  I seem to remember some good
> advice regarding the two somewhere.  I think it's time to take that advice -
> and get back to prayer.

You have no evidence to back your assertion. I assert "Creation Science"
is a FRAUD. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Just look for example
at the Peppered Moth (Biston betularia).

> Peace (which IS of God)

Like in Northern Ireland?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog