contact sport

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Mon Aug 23 10:13:57 EDT 1999

Part of this is about bugs. Bear with me.

richard a fagerlund wrote:

> I guess we now know entomology is a full contact sport.  I believe many of
> us have earned our black belts in the last two weeks.  However, I for one,
> am going back to bugs.

fine idea. However, we do have 60 visitors to the survey at

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/evol/survey.html
so there is clearly some interest ... besides the frequent posters.

 The evolution/creation debate is still going on
> full steam on the Lep list.  If anyone wants to participate in this Texas
> Death Match, let's continue it over there.  Does someone want to second the
> motion?

> Richard Fagerlund, BCE
> Environmental Services             Mail:  993 Orchid SW
> University of New Mexico                  Rio Rancho, NM 87124
> E-mail: fagerlun at unm.edu                  (505) 896-2524
> (505) 277-9904
> http://biology.unm.edu/~bugs/fagerlund/bugman.htm

Bad idea. They, too, are "trading ignorance" and the natives are
restless. Maybe there's some newsgroup more appropriate, where those
interested could all adjourn?
Meanwhile, the Lepers would probably enjoy our survey at
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/evol/survey.html

Dr. VanDyk, would they be permitted to join in, or would you prefer that
they just visit.

In other news, we've won a Master Gardener award (statewide) for the
hospital wildlife garden, and I invite all of you godless heathens and
credulous Bible-believers to do likewise. :-)
Anybody want to help design scrub habitat gardens suitable for suburban
and urban settings? A lot of spiders, wasps and grasshoppers would be
very happy.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida