VENUS FLY TRAP MOTH (Hemipachnobia subporphyrea)

David Rice ceruleanfoam at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:19:08 EDT 1999

I will be working with a research group from NC Natural Heritage to
determine the status of the Venus Fly Trap Moth at Camp Lejeune, NC.  We
haven't been able to find the moth on base even though we have one of the
largest known populations of the flytrap. It might have been extirpated from
the base due to the practice of prescribed burning. Has anyone spotted this
moth? if so how did you collect it?  We are looking for anyone with info on
this moth. Thanks very much.

VR,
David L. Rice III

address: