Danaus gilippus in Massachusetts

Rev Chuck cdub at -REMOVE_THIS-erols.com
Thu Jul 15 01:42:19 EDT 1999

> It could be an escape from a butterfly house or a traveling exhibit. It
> could be a release from somebody's trip to Florida.
>
> In any case, it's not going to establish a population in Massachusetts,
> even assuming it finds a mate, unless you have arranged some major
> changes in the climate. :-)
> Anne Kilmer
> Mayo
> Ireland

You'd notice any such changes we're responsible for, since Ireland
lies downstream from eastern North America.  I wonder if global warming
isn't dispersing southern species?

--
Nothing says you're insane like prayer.
Rev Chuck, Alt.Atheism #203, Ordained Reverend, ULC, 17 March, 1997.