Red Gum lerp psyllid

DanauSakai danausakai at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 23:22:01 EDT 1999

Juan
This is only the tip of the ice berg.  There are at least a half dozen other
psillids, two weevils, and a long horned beetles now attacking eucs.   What
really needs to be done is for public officials to demand that the state and
feds do a better job checking for such introductions.  The problem came when
potted eucs were brought into CA and not quarantined, fumigated, or sprayed
(although the long horned beetle came in with logs).

Oh yeah, sorry I am not up on control methods, although I understand we have
them on our campus as well.

Walt
Walter H. Sakai
Professor of Biology                  Research Associate
Santa Monica College                Entomology Section
1900 Pico Blvd          L.A. Co. Museum of Natural History
Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
Tele:  (310)434-4702  <==
FAX: (310)434-3624   <==
Emails:  sakai_walter at smc.edu; DanauSakai at aol.com