Monarch Tags Now Available

Donald A. Davis donald.davis at utoronto.ca
Sat Jul 24 03:13:53 EDT 1999

The tags are here! It is time to order your tags if you haven't already.
We
are expecting a good Monarch migration this year so be prepared and send
in
your orders now. Large numbers of new adults are beginning to emerge in
the
northern states and those females will lay the eggs (mostly from 20 July
-
5 August) that give rise to the migratory generation. Overall, the
migration in 1999 should be better than in 1998 but the migrants will
probably be less abundant than in 1996 and 1997 both of which were
extraordinary years for Monarchs.

Monarch Watch sends out tags to participants in states East of the
Rockies.
The tagging membership is $12.00 and after becoming a member you can
purchase sets of 96 additional tags for $5.00 (prices are in US funds).
We
will begin sending out tags the first week in August and we will be
accepting orders for tags through October 10th. If you live in a state
with
a Regional Coordinator (AR, IN, KY, MI, MN, MS, MO, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA,
TN,
TX, WV or Canada), your tag orders can be sent to them. All the regional

coordinators addresses and contact information are listed below. Please
note that coordinators do not sell other Monarch Watch items (with the
exception of Dr. Oberhauser in MN); so only send them your tagging
orders
and send orders for all other items directly to Monarch Watch at the
address below. Order forms are available on our Web site at
www.MonarchWatch.org, by calling 1-888-TAGGING (US only) or in Canada
1-785-864-4441, or by emailing monarch at ukans.edu.

If you are planning on using left over tags from last year, you should
know
that using old tags is discouraged because the shelf-life of the tag
adhesive is only one year and because it makes tracking the tags much
more
difficult.

Thank you to all the loyal participants that tag Monarchs every year,
this
should be a great year for tagging and we are looking forward to a busy
season.

Dana Wilfong
Program Assistant

MONARCH WATCH REGIONAL COORDINATORS:

Arkansas

Jim Edson
Univ. of Arkansas at Monticello
Div. of Math & Sciences
Monticello, AR  71656-3480
1.870.460.1966 or
1.800.844.1054
Edson at uamont.edu
Check payable to:
 AR Monarch Watch

Indiana

Donald B. Fisher
6356 N. Kingsley Dr.
Indianapolis, IN  46220-2184
1.317.475.9770
Make your check payable to:
Donald B. Fisher

Kentucky

Western KY
Sondra Cabell
Audubon State Park
3100 US 41 North, P.O. Box 576
Henderson, KY  42420
1.270.826.4424
jaudubon at henderson.net
Make your check payable to:
Audubon State Park

Eastern KY
Laura Lang
KY Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
#1 Game Farm Road
Frankfort, KY  40601
1.800.858.1549
Laura.lang at mail.state.ky.us
Make your check payable to:
KY Afield Gift Shop

Michigan

Dr. Matthew Douglas
2515 Leonard St. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
1.616.234.3893
mmrd2 at ix.netcom.com
Make your check payable to:
Matt Douglas

Minnesota

Minnesota Headquarters
Karen Oberhauser
Univ. of Minnesota
Dept. of Ecol, Evol & Behav
1987 Upper Buford Circle
St. Paul, MN 55108
1.612.624.8706
Make your check payable to:
U. of MN Monarch Fund

Dan Newbauer
Richardson Nature Center
8737 E. Bush Lake Rd.
Bloomington, MN  55438
1.612.941.7993
dnewbauer at hennepinparks.org
Make your check payable to: Dan Newbauer

Mississippi

Joy Anderson
Horticulture Agent
DeSoto County
3260 Highway 51 S.
Hernando, MS 38632
joya at ext.msstate.edu
1.601.429.1343
Make your check payable to:
Joy Anderson

Missouri

Nancy Wilfong
5662 Sunnywood Dr.
Cedar Hill, MO 63016
636-274-1981
Make your check payable to:
Nancy Wilfong

New York

Chantal Speglevin
Rye Nature Center
873 Boston Post Rd.
P.O. Box 435
Rye, NY 10580
1.914.967.5150
nature at ci.rye.ny.us
Make your check payable to:
Rye Nature Center

North Carolina

Mike Dunn
NC Museum of Nat. Sci.
P.O. Box 29555
Raleigh, NC 27626
1.919.733.7450 X 620
mikedunn at aol.com
Make your check payable to:
Museum Extension Fund

Ohio

Julie Clemens
2258 Lamberton Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44118
216.371.4373
jtclemens at ameritech.net
Make your check payable to:
Julie Clemens

Oklahoma

Bob Melton
Putnam City Schools
5401 NW 40th
OK City, OK 73122-3398
1.405.495.5200 x 284
bmelton at putnamcityschools.org
Make your check payable to:
OSTA

Lynn Michael
9843 E. 500 Rd.
Claremore, OK  74017-1361
1.918.341.0743
Make your check payable to:
Lynn Michael

Pennsylvania

Jerry Zeidler
2197 Southard Road
Trout Run, PA  17771
1.570.435.4506
Make your check payable to:
Jerry Zeidler

Tennessee

Debbie Bruce
Wild Birds Unlimited
1787 N Germantown Pkwy
Cordova, TN 38018
1.901.681.9837
Make your check payable to:
Debbie Bruce

Texas

Nancy C. Schneider
Texas Parks & Wildlife
Wildlife Diversity
3000 IH-35 South, Suite 100
Austin, TX  78704
1.512.912.7011
nancy.schneider at tpwd.state.tx.us
Check payable to:
TX Parks & Wildlife HQ

West Virginia

Terry Kerns
SWOOPE
Rt. 6, Box 211
Fairmont, WV  26554
1.304.363.0981
kanawha at aol.com
Make your check payable to:
SWOOPE

Canada
Nomad Scientists
Harold Spanier, Brian Visser
3285 Cavendish Blvd Ste 605
Montreal, Quebec H4B 2L9
nomade at cam.org
1.514.481.3456
Make your check payable to:
Harold Spanier

Monarch Watch
Email:  monarch at ukans.edu
WWW: http://www.MonarchWatch.org/
Dplex-L:  send message "info Dplex-L" to Listproc at ukans.edu
Phone:  1 (888) TAGGING (toll-free!) -or- 1 (785) 864 4441
Fax:  1 (785) 864 4441 -or- 1 (785) 864 5321
Snail:  c/o O.R. Taylor, Dept. of Entomology, 7005 Haworth Hall, Univ.
of
KS, Lawrence KS 66045