Butterfly Dealers

Chuck Vaughn aa6g at aa6g.org
Mon Jun 7 10:20:43 EDT 1999

I ran across a place on the internet called Monarchs Forever that
claims to have processed over 100,000 butterflies in 1998. ("Processed"
appeared to mean the importation and sale of papered specimens.) I was
really surprised by such a large number. Is this the typically
level of trade dealers are doing in butterflies every year? If so,
the total must be millions of butterflies bought and sold every year
by all the dealers. Who buys all these butterflies and what are they
doing with them?

Chuck Vaughn <aa6g at aa6g.org>