First Monarch

yanb yanb at globetrotter.net
Sat Jun 12 18:40:41 EDT 1999

--------------AA8B4392D67F441F2577206F

Hi!!
This week, I was working in St-Louis du Ha! Ha!, PQ, Canada, 47°39' N.
Yesterday, I saw my first Danaus plexippus of the season, flying over a
vacant field at this place.  That's probably a strayed one because
there's no Asclepias sp. here.  The temperature was about 33°C.  Last
year, I worked there also and I didn't observe any Monarchs in
St-Louis.  Maybe the temperature is partialy responsible for that
stray.  Also, I saw my first Viceroy (Limenitis archippus archippus),
white admirals (Limenitis arthemis arthemis) and Ringlet (Coenonympha
inornata inornata) of the season.  They're two weeks earlier than normal
for my location.  Thanks for the good weather!! :-)

Yan

--------------AA8B4392D67F441F2577206F

Hi!!
N.&nbsp; Yesterday, I saw my first Danaus plexippus of the season, flying
over a vacant field at this place.&nbsp; That's probably a strayed one
because there's no <i>Asclepias</i> sp. here.&nbsp; The temperature was
about 33&deg;C.&nbsp; Last year, I worked there also and I didn't observe
any Monarchs in St-Louis.&nbsp; Maybe the temperature is partialy responsible
for that stray.&nbsp; Also, I saw my first Viceroy (Limenitis archippus
archippus), white admirals (Limenitis arthemis arthemis) and Ringlet (Coenonympha
inornata inornata) of the season.&nbsp; They're two weeks earlier than
normal for my location.&nbsp; Thanks for the good weather!! :-)