Clothes moths

Raymond Hettinger othello at javanet.com
Sat Jun 12 21:48:06 EDT 1999

I've had a running (and losing) battle with clothes moths in
my Massachusetts home and could use some expert advice
short of building a cedar closet and filling my home with fumes
from napthalene.  All ideas are welcome from carniverous plants
and mantids to some kind of trap or special lighting.

Also, I have a second general interest question.  When I found
some moth eaten clothing, I scraped a sample of larvae for
viewing under a microscope and was surprised to find that the
dust sized critters looked just like small versions of the adults
and already had wings (shaped like tiny darts or paper airplanes).
This runs contrary to my idea that they start as catapillars and
only grow wings in pupae.  Can anyone clear-up the mystery?

--
Raymond Hettinger
othello at javanet.com