Setting - spreading MUSEUM quality or what?

A.P.K.Torry apktorry at csm.ex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 08:32:23 EDT 1999

I have just been looking at some RIKER mounts of various 'BEAUTIES' from
around the world on the EBAY auction site and I can tell you I as a
seasoned collector would take most of them straight out of the mounts and
reset them.

I was always led to understand (and have myself always) spread the wings su
that the dorsal edge of the forewings are perpendicular to the body line
and the hindwings are brought up to form a not too accentuated 'V'  with
the forewing. The antennae should be SPREAD out such that they are parallel
with the leading edge or COSTA of the forewing, not as in most of these
examples stuck out in front looking like some sort of deformed appendage.

I appreciate that some of these 'COMPANIES' selling these specimens deal
with thousands of specimens each year but surely they can get it right - I
can.

Andrew T