NOT the collecting debate :-)

Mon Jun 21 23:56:12 EDT 1999

Dear listers,

I wrote:

> . . . open to swinging a net.  So, too, are public 
> lands outside of the nature reserves, national parks, state parks, 
> and other protected areas.  You need to be certain, however, that 
> you know where these areas are.  This includes all of the Keys 
> currently, except, again, privately owned lands. 

In rereading this, I realize that I what I wrote is confusing.  The 
Keys are completely *protected* -- NO swinging a net there or you 
will get more than a ticket.  Any of these areas are, of course, 
open to appropriate faunal studies, but you must first apply and get 
a permit from the appropriate agencies.


Dr. James K. Adams
Dept. of Natural Science and Math
Dalton State College
213 N. College Drive
Dalton, GA  30720
Phone: (706)272-4427; fax: (706)272-2533
U of Michigan's President James Angell's 
  Secret of Success: "Grow antennae, not horns"

More information about the Leps-l mailing list