NOT the collecting debate :-)

Paul Cherubini paulcher at concentric.net
Mon Jun 21 15:27:17 EDT 1999

DR. JAMES ADAMS wrote:

> One reason why I hesitate to discuss the
> collecting/not collecting debate on leps-l anymore is the hypocrisy
> of the non-collecting argument.  Lines seem to be drawn arbitrarily -
> - this (butterflies) shouldn't ever be collected, but who cares about
> that (moths) . . . or that (mosquitos) . . . or that (roaches) . . . or
> that (amoebae).

Not only that, but how much do the anti-collecting activists care or pay attention to the
well being and fate of "higher" vertebrate animals like cows, chickens, pigs, goats, etc.?
A large percentage of Americans / Europeans - including the anti-collecting activists --are
overweight. That means countless millions of farm animals are needlessly raised in
crowded, captive conditions and then deliberately killed--not for the purpose of keeping
people alive and in good health, but to satisfy the western society lust for physical
pleasure (i.e.eating fat, juicy farm animals and their butter, cheese, ice cream etc.
byproducts to excess).

I agree with you and Mark Walker about the double standards and hypocrisy.

Paul Cherubini