found injured butterfly...need help!

Paul Cherubini paulcher at concentric.net
Sat Jun 26 15:59:22 EDT 1999

quiche wrote:

> Should I attempt to sustain its life?  How do I provide food and shelter?
> What would be the most humane action?

Try feeding it 10-20% honey water daily and put it in a screened box or cage of some
kind outdoors. It might live for a month or more if the cage is kept outdoors in a filtered
sunlight kind of situation. Indoors it likely wouldn't live as long. If it is badly injured it
might not be able to feed and there will be nothing you can do. In that case it may die
within a day or two of dehydration. It's corpse could help feed other creatures.

Paul Cherubini