Misc bfly questions

Yan Boulanger yanb at globetrotter.qc.ca
Sun Jun 27 14:47:39 EDT 1999

Regarding the Black swallowtail _Papilio polyxenes asterius_, here, in
Quebec, especially in Rimouski, we have two broods of that specie.  The
first specimens emerge around the beginning of June (this year, they came
out very early, about may 14th) and fly for about one month.  Then, in late
July, another generation is ready to fly.  I'm able to catch specimen until
late August.   The caterpillars feed themselves until late september to
early october I think.  I did raise some specimens 5 years ago and i got
adult in  early december by keeping the pupae in a closed box.

best wishes
Yan