butterflies of upstate NY?

Laurel Godley godley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:01:15 EDT 1999

Would anyone care to recommend good parks/places for butterflies in upstate
NY, around Rochester and Palmira (SP?)  I will be leaving early Thursday to
visit there for my first time ever.  I'd also be interested to hear what I
might expect to see there that is currently flying, especially anything that
I would never see on the west coast.

In addition, I will be collecting some leaf rolling moths for a university
researcher while I am there.  Additional suggestions for good places (other
than in the middle of a generic apple/cherry orchard) would be welcome.  I
don't really anticipate that it will be a problem to loacte them, as I was
given pheromone packets to help.  This will be my first time doing this
though, so pointers are welcome.

I will also be planning to visit the butterfly house at Niagra.  Is this a
nice exhibit or is there some place else (close by) that people would
recommend?

Thanks...

Laurel in California, where the sun has finally decided to do some serious
work this year!  About time.