Eastern San Diego Co.

Kelly Richers kerichers at wasco.k12.ca.us
Wed Mar 17 11:00:33 EST 1999

We also have Alypia mariposa here in Kern County to the north, but I find it sparingly in April

>>> <fred_heath at power-one.com> 03/16 6:39 PM >>>
     Mark,
       Your moth was probably a Riding's Forester (Alypia ridingsi). I
     always have a heck of a time convincing new butterfly watchers that it
     is a really a moth.
        Interestingly, the real name of Shelter Valley is Earthquake
     Valley, but the local real estate people felt that name might be a
     determent to their profession.
                                                -----Fred