Checkerspot-E. San Diego Co.

wanda be496 at lafn.org
Wed Mar 17 08:39:48 EST 1999

Dear Mark & Eric,

	The subject bug is quite likely the Wright's ssp. of Leanira
Checkerspot, Euphydryas leanira wrighti, found along desert edges.

	The endangered Quino ssp. of Edith's Checkerspot, E. editha quino is a
synonym for and replaces Wright's Edith's Checkerspot, E. editha
wrighti--found more coastally.

	Refer to John Emmel's section on Nomenclature Revisions in "Searching
for Butterflies in Southern California."   You might like to check out
http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabala/index.htm  under "hotspots" for the
latest Anza-Borrego area list.

Cheers,

Wanda Dameron