Zebra Swallowtail Status?

Rick Mikula butrfly at epix.net
Fri Mar 26 04:42:54 EST 1999

Rev Chuck wrote:

> Population status for zebra swallowtail in Maryland?  _Extremely_
> stunning creature; I recall seeing two or three in Havre de Grace,
> MD, back around 1973.

They are usually in good numbers in Elk Necks State Park and best near
Turkey Point. Because of the Pawpaw stiuation along the bay they can still
be found easily. It does seem that populations are far better near Washington
DC. I did receive a call from one concern that wanted to thin the population
out. Lets review. Too many butterflies, isn't that like winning the lottery
and saying that the money is too green?!?!?!?

Rick Mikula