Polyura eudamippus flight season?

Roger C. KENDRICK kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk
Wed May 12 14:41:37 EDT 1999

Hi Niklas,

My search didn't prove very helpful.

P. eudamippus appears to be double brooded in South China and single brooded
further north,, according to Chou Io (chief ed.), 1994. Monographia
Rhopalocerorum Sinensium. Henan Scientific & Technological Publishing House,
China., but no specific dates are given (assuming my very poor knowledge of
Chinese interpreted the text correctly). The species is given as double
brooded in Hainan (S.China) (Gu M-b & Chen P-z, 1997, Butterflies in Hainan
Island, [Beijing - ISBN 7-503-81922-7]); again no data regarding dates. The
same can be said for Corbet A.S. & Pendlebury H.M., 1992 (4th ed.) The
Butterflies of the Malay Peninsula, Malayan Nature Soc., Kuala Lumpur,
although it is stated to be rare (in Malaya).

regards,

Roger.

--
Roger C. KENDRICK
  Demonstrator / Ph.D. Student
  mailto:kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk

mailing address:
  Kadoorie Agricultural Research Centre, The University of Hong Kong
  Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong, Yuen Long, New Territories, HONG KONG

Hong Kong Moths website coordinator
  http://web.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm

HK Lepidoptera Group webmaster (English version)
  http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1085/

HK Lepidopterists' Society (English version) [NEW]
  http://members.xoom.com/hkls/
  (may be redesignated to http://www.hkls.org)
  (and will eventually replace the HKLG site)