Palaearctic tortricids

James J. Kruse kruse at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon May 24 18:42:35 EDT 1999

Hello,

Is there anyone in Europe or Asia who can send me a couple specimens of
less than ten year old Archips (Tortricinae/Archipini) specimens? I am
interested in a few common species to use as outgroups in my study of
Archips phylogeny. I am particularly interested in A. xylosteanus or A.
crataeganus, and A. oporanus, A. decretanus, or A. podanus. Of course any
Archips species from the Palaearctic region would be acceptable. There are
_several_ species in southeast Asia that would be very interesting
outgroups!

Specimens may be killed by a variety of methods and stored pinned,
enveloped, placed alive into alcohol, or frozen, but never relaxed for
mounting. Full recognition in my paper is assured as well as reimbursement
for mailing expenses if requested.

Please reply! Thank you!

Jim Kruse
University of California at Berkeley
Dept. of Environ Sci, Policy and Mgmt.
Div. of Insect Biology
201 Wellman Hall
Berkeley, California, 94720-3112
Voice: (510) 642-7410    Fax: (510) 642-7428
http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/sperlinglab/kruse.html