Best science

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu May 27 15:57:15 EDT 1999

I agree completely. The reality of politics, human nature and value driven
decisions are a reality of scientific institutions as it is for all other
human institutions.  In fact most funding mechanisms seem to have built in
an assumption that can prevent good science from even being considered for
funding: the assumption that science (aka useful or interesting research)
can only be done by people with PhD's who work in a university. NOTE: This
is not a shot, just one person's perspective - be it correct or incorrect.
Dowse your flames please.