Ban drift of resistant insects? (Was: Re: GM Pollen and butterflies bees and honey ????)

Carman tpl at wave.co.nz
Fri May 28 00:25:16 EDT 1999

Greetings Brian

no need to argue .. decisions been made

as reported in the newspaper today
The Austrain Government has banned cultivation of Bt maize MON-810 -
produced by Monsanto Co.....

"because the pollen from the Bt maize was damaging useful insects such as
Butterflies" Consumer Protection minister
among the studies cited were those by Cornell University showing the hamful
effects of Bt pollen

Hey brian .... they can argue all they want
hahahahahahahahahahaha

peace an' aroha
Carman

Brian Sandle <bsandle at southern.co.nz> wrote in article
<927560227.891259 at mnementh.southern.co.nz>...
> The stem of this thread has been on nz.politics for a while.
>
> Brian Sandle <bsandle at southern.co.nz> wrote:
> : James McNulty <SuckOnThisSpammer at nowhereinparticular.co.nz> wrote:
> : : In article <7i39oi$gtu... Carman wrote:
>
> [...]
> : :> anyway we use no pesticide or herbicide on our property and we have
planted
> : :> with the bees in mind .. while also being mindful that bees will
travel up to
> : :> 2kms .. we have endeavoured to reduce the amount of pesticide and
herbicide
> : :> residue in our honey to a minimum .. by keeping our own property
chemical
> : :> free... sooo.. pollen travels considerable distances . and there are
no
> : :> guarantees what the outcomes will be for all forms of wild-life if
someone
> : :> were to spray drift our property then i would have legal chanels by
which to
> : :> take action against them this is not the case with GM pollen ..
there is no