Diagrams and Web Sites

Alan5319 alan5319 at aol.com
Mon May 31 16:45:51 EDT 1999

Does anyone know of a web site where we can find generalised diagrams
illustrating the basic morphology of Leps?

We have been invited to give a talk on "Moths" to a local Natural History
society. Our brief has been undeniably vague. Rather than show slides of
endless spiecies and put all to sleep, we thought it may be more productive to
give a generalised presentation on Lepidoptera and discuss some of the problems
- identification, Bt Pollen, taxonomy, collecting vs [or in sympathy with]
photography - that Lepidoptera challenge us with.

We will take along books that interest us, a limited collection of local
spectacular species and a binocular microscope with some micros roughly
mounted. Would it be worth including a couple of genitalia slides?

This will be a one hour talk to people who have an interest and ability in
Natural History, but who have only limited experience with Leps. What should we
omit and what should we include?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. The venue for the talk has an OHP
available, hence our initial request for illustrations on web sites. We can
print out slides, but we do not have a scanner available.

Your input will be valued and may help raise the awareness of Lepidoptera in
the Natural History community.

Best Regards

Alan & Jeri Coates.