Spraying Anvil and Malathion

Kathleen Moon kmoon at ucla.edu
Wed Oct 6 11:56:19 EDT 1999

Randy wrote:

> In article <37FAEC0F.5625 at gernsback.net>, ralph <124c41 at gernsback.net> wrote:
>
> > I've been wondering... since when do you spray vast tracts of land to
> > kill adult mosquitoes that have like a 2 week generation time? I thought
> > the way to eradicate mosquitoes was either drain the water where they
> > breed, or lay a cover of oil over it to suffocate the larvae?
> > --
> Malathion kills the mosquitos but also Democrats. That's why it's the pesticide
> of choice for Lord Combover, aka Tsar Rudy.

Let's not be stupid here.  You are just as intelligent as anyone else.
If it kills Democrats, it also kills Republicans, Libertarians, Greens
and so on.  The problem isn't so much that it kills as that it kills in
ways that we dop not understand yet, and therefore cannot mitigate
against as effectively as we should.  Of course, certain members of some
political parties would rather we did spray anyway.  That way, they get
more money from the survivors for their companies' coffers when we come
calling for remedies.

Pierre A Plauzoles
sphinxangelorum at bigfoot.com

[message relayed by my wife, Kathleen Moon]