Spraying Anvil and Malathion

Kathleen Moon kmoon at ucla.edu
Thu Oct 7 03:32:02 EDT 1999

Randy wrote:

> In article <37FB7123.C7D0050A at ucla.edu>, Kathleen Moon <kmoon at ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> > Randy wrote:

> > > Malathion kills the mosquitos but also Democrats. That's why it's the
> pesticide
> > > of choice for Lord Combover, aka Tsar Rudy.
> >
> > Let's not be stupid here.  You are just as intelligent as anyone else.
> > If it kills Democrats, it also kills Republicans, Libertarians, Greens
> > and so on.  The problem isn't so much that it kills as that it kills in
> > ways that we dop not understand yet, and therefore cannot mitigate
> > against as effectively as we should.  Of course, certain members of some
> > political parties would rather we did spray anyway.  That way, they get
> > more money from the survivors for their companies' coffers when we come
> > calling for remedies.
> >
> Um, it's called humor.
>
> Help stamp out humor impairment in my lifetime.

I am not humor-impaired.  I just chose to bypass the humor aspect on
purpose, nor do I hold a grudge against you for your humor or your style
or choice of words in xpressing yourself.  The problem, however, is a
serious one, and I do believe that the serious side of this situation
does need to be addressed in a serious manner.In no way does it detract
from the value of your humor; rather it should be construed as bringing
the serious side of it to the fore so that both can be appreciated for
they are.

Pierre A Plauzoles
sphinxangelorum at bigfoot.com

[message relayed by my wife, Kathleen Moon]