Dying Mourning Cloak?

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Sun Oct 17 17:05:53 EDT 1999

Ths is what to do with your butterfly.
Find a tree with a big flap of loose bark, or a hollow tree. Put the
butterfly in it. Never look at it again.
Like Schroedinger's cat, the butterfly will be perfectly fine forever,
as long as you don't go back to check on it.
Of course then you don't get to photograph the wings.
When I had small children who brought me things to nurse back to health
(some of them in an advanced state of decay) we would "put them under a
bush to walk away." This is much easier on you and the critter than
prolonging everybody's agony with force feedings followed by a quiet
country funeral.
(When the kids got bigger, and I was nursing everybody, I also took up
taxidermy, but I never preserved any of my clients.)
Good luck either way
Anne Kilmer
south Florida