Chiricahua Count & San Pedro River

Hank & Priscilla Brodkin hankb at theriver.com
Thu Sep 2 17:37:04 EDT 1999

Last Saturday's first Portal Butterfly Count in the Chiricahuas,
sponsored by SEABA (see my sig file) was an unqualified success.  Some
15 counters and 1 garden watcher tallied 82 species.  The most exciting
find was a Mimosa Yellow (Eurema nise).  Also seen were 13 Question
Marks (Polygonia iterrogatinis) which seem to be invading our area now.
Researchers on the upper San Pedro reported today seeing a couple down
there as well as a Tropical Leafwing (Anaea aidea).
Cheers!
--
	             Hank & Priscilla Brodkin
	          Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ