bob white quail

Ted Ryznar tryznar at mail.cosmosbbs.com
Thu Sep 23 10:21:14 EDT 1999

Why were they brought in in the first place?  When I was growing up they
were common. I used to enjoy hearing them. They completely disappeared.
Habitat destruction and insecticide overuse I would suspect. so what is
wrong for sportsmen to try to re-introduce the species? Maybe not. At least
they got off of their behinds and tried to do something. I always read
about the demise of one species or another of lepidoptera such as the
Karner blue. We all sit around and talk about how sad it is. god forbid if
you try to raise some for release. Screws up "natural" selection I
suppose.Protected until they become extinct. The average American isn't
aloud to touch one or get close to them. Yet nobody does anything to try to
 teach the next generation, or even this one, about their plight. I suppose
the experts talk about them in their meetings, at least occasionally, while
a bulldozer tears up another field next door for houses.

Oh, Mike I'll take one of those helipcopters too. Do you have any other
colors?