b-fly releases at events

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:05:52 EDT 1999

Although the Bobwhite is not a butterfly, it is noteworthy that it is
essentially gone from most of New Jersey.  Any Bobwhites I do see are
pathologically tame. The number of Bobwhite released for hunting was
phenomenal and apparently hardly regulated.

I rather liked hearing the whistle of Bobwhites.

Mike Gochfeld