Pop Genetics of Releases

David Green dgreen at sunesi.com
Mon Sep 27 03:08:55 EDT 1999

I'm not taking sides in the debate (largely because I'm entirely ingnorant
of the issues), but recent work on cloned animals (specifically Dolly the
sheep) has shown that mitochondrial DNA is not refelective of the DNA
contained in the nucleus - so I'm afraid the work cited below is out of date
and does not indicate genetic similarity in the various b'flys.

Regards
Dr David Green