Convolvulus Hawk Moths (Agrius convolvuli) in UK

Nick Greatorex-Davies NGD at wpo.nerc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 27 12:22:17 EDT 1999

I heard today of "lot's" being seen in south-west Scotland. Several
recorded in various moth traps and two brought in by one cat! Another
was recorded locally to me in somebodies flat in Cambridge, (England).
None in my trap - yet!

Nick Greatorex-Davies

>>> PMANN5555 <pmann5555 at aol.comSyphon> 27/09/99 16:27:49 >>>

<7red77$olu$1 at news04.btx.dtag.de>...
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >I had a Convolvulus Hawk-moth last Thursday at  evening
primerose
>> (Oenothera
>> >biennis) in my garden !
>> >
>> >Walter Schoen
>> >http://www.schmetterling-raupe.de

Hi,
My first posting to the group!
A friend was brought one for identification on 22/9, which
had been found in a private garage in Stamford, Lincs.
Our local entomolgist recorder took photograhs and logged
it for the Natural History Society's records.
Regards
Patrick