Bug ID

Jennifer jenniferlh at NOSPAM.jump.net
Fri Aug 11 22:24:27 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,
We found a bug crawling on our back door that is very strange looking.  It's
a mossy blue/green color with a round spike wheel on it's back, it looks
like it might be in the beetle family.  It has an extendable needle that
curls up underneath it's head, underneath body, very similar to the needle
protrusion the kissing bugs are famous for.  Unfortunately, I don't have a
digital camera where I can take a pic, but has anybody heard of what I might
be describing?  Or can you send me to a site with pictures so I can ID?
Thanks :-)

Jenn