Regal Fritillary I tried

monarchsforever monarchsforever at msn.com
Sat Aug 19 09:48:45 EDT 2000

I have tried to raise Regals and found that it is almost impossible. Doctor
Michael Weismen was just here for a two day visit and we both agreed that
the captive breeding of this particular animal needs a lot more work. I
worked with my state DNR for three years and had limited success. For those
of you who have had females already drop eggs try common Pansies as an
alternative host plant to  Violets. This will give you a much better (more
available) host plant that seems to do quite well and with a little water
keeps going all year. Good luck. David Bohlken
Owner Monarchs Forever