Belize moths

JEAN MICHEL MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Sat Aug 19 12:28:42 EDT 2000

Matthew Barnes is telling me that he is building a new web site on moths
from Belize. I hope that could be of interest for some people of the list.

Matthew Barnes said :

"The website is available NOW under http://www.tropicalmoths.org

Eventually it will have colour photographs of all the Belize moth species I
currently have mounted and identified (about 700 species).  At present I
have put up about 180 species - 90 species of Arctiinae; 68 species of
Ctenuchinae; 2 species of Cossidae; 2 species of Psychidae; 3 species of
Hedylidae; 12 species of Apatelodidae and 4 species of Saturniidae.  I am
working on the rest."

Perhaps that will impulse more people to work on those unknown faunas.

Sincerely,

Jean-Michel Maes

Jean-Michel MAES
Museo Entomologico
Asociacion Nicaraguense de Entomologia
AP 527 - Leon
NICARAGUA

tel 505-0-3116586

FAX 505-0-3115700

jmmaes at ibw.com.ni

httm://www.sdnnic.org.ni/museo_entomologico.htm
httm://www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/jmaes.htm